- 8 (120g) fillets cod
- 2 litres vegetable oil for frying
- 125g plain flour
- 2 tablespoons garlic granules
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 egg, separated
- 330ml beer
- In a mixing bowl, place the flour, making a well in the center.
- Add the egg yolk, oil, garlic, paprika salt, pepper. Add the beer slowly, and mix from the center to sides until well-blended and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg white to a stiff peak. Gently fold into the batter just prior frying the fish.
- Preheat deep-fat fryer to 185°C.
- Dip the cod in the batter, and drop into the deep-fat fryer, frying until golden brown and throughly cooked.
- Remove and drain. Serve, garnishing with lemon wedges, and parsley stems.