With less than a week to go, make sure your voice is heard and vote for the hotel or hotelier that you think deserves to be crowned ‘Outstanding New Hotel of the Year’ or ‘Independent Hotelier of the Year’ at this year’s Independent Hotel Show.
Taking place at Olympia West on 21st and 22nd October, the Independent Hotel Show is the must-attend event for anyone connected to the hotel and hospitality industry. Each year an esteemed committee of hospitality experts nominates those individuals or businesses who have made a dramatic impact to the independent hotel sector, the movers and shakers who push the boundaries and lead their field.
The Outstanding New Hotel of the Year award rewards independent hotels that have been operating for three years or less and have demonstrated success within the industry, taking the sector by storm through their innovative approach and calculated risk taking.
The shortlist for Outstanding New Hotel of the Year:
- Chiltern Firehouse, London
- Ham Yard, London
- No 131, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- The Lord Crewe Arms, Blanchland, Durham
- The Pig on the Beach, Studland, Dorset
- The Wild Rabbit, Kingham, Oxfordshire
The Independent Hotelier of the Year award recognises individuals who have helped change the landscape of the independent, luxury and boutique hotel sector. Pioneers within the field, they have demonstrated success and are known game- changers within the sector, developing their team and displaying commitment to the industry at large.
The shortlist for Independent Hotelier of the Year, sponsored by Towergate Insurance:
- Craig Bancroft and Nigel Haworth (Northcote Manor, Blackburn, Lancashire)
- David Levin (The Capital Hotel, London)
- Ian Schrager (Ian Schrager Company)
- Kit and Tim Kemp (Firmdale Hotels)
- Mark Sainsbury, Michael Benyan and Jason Catifeoglou (The Zetter Townhouse, London)
- Tim Hart (Hambleton Hall, Oakham, Rutland)
Voting closes at 6pm on Friday 17 October and the winners of each category will be announced at a ceremony immediately following the first day of the show on 21st October 2014.
To vote and register for this must-attend event visit www.independenthotelshow.co.uk