Roast Lamb makes for a lovely spring meal and, when cooked slowly, is one of the most succulent meats you can enjoy. Serve with new potatoes, baby carrots and green beans for a truly springtime feel – and don’t forget the gravy!
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 220 mins
1.75–2kg shoulder of lamb
1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Cube
2–3 tbsps olive oil
4–6 cloves of garlic, unpeeled and halved
Fresh thyme, sage, parsley and rosemary
1 Knorr Gravy Pot
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C. Mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil with 1 cube and make into paste.
- Rub the lamb shoulder with the paste. Place the lamb in a shallow roasting pan.
- Arrange the garlic around the meat. Add herbs and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Roast for 2.5–3 hours. Once cooked set aside and cover with aluminum foil to rest.
- Pour the fat out of the roasting pan. Add the Gravy Pot and 150ml of water to the pan, scrape the bottom. Transfer to a saucepan, bring to the boil and reduce. Stir in some fresh herbs and the lamb fat.
- Serve the roast lamb with the gravy.