With Roast Cauliflower, Garlic and Sesame,
served with Spinach Salad and Minted Yoghurt
800g New Zealand lamb chops
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 head cauliflower, leaves discarded
4 cloves garlic, sliced
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1 small red onion
150g Greek yoghurt
20 mint leaves, shredded
150g baby spinach
150g beans, blanched and refreshed
- Oven at 180*C fan-forced.
- Brush the chops with 1 tbsp oil and leave covered on a plate at room temperature.
- Separate the cauliflower into florets and cut any large pieces in half. Toss with 2 tbsp oil, the garlic and sesame seeds and season with salt and pepper. Bake until golden, stirring from time to time, around 30 minutes. Keep warm.
- Thinly slice the red onion into rings and separate. Add to iced water and leave for 15 minutes. Drain and pat dry on kitchen paper.
- Mix the yoghurt with the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil and the mint leaves, along with a pinch of salt then leave at room temperature.
- Heat up a skillet or heavy based pan and season the chops. Cook them over medium high heat until browned then turn over and cook until done. For rack chops they need only 4 – 5 minutes in total if cooked over medium to high heat.
- Take the chops off the skillet, but keep them warm and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Toss the spinach and beans with the cauliflower and onion and divide amongst 4 warmed plates.
- Lay the chops on top and dollop on the minted yoghurt.
For more New Zealand Lamb recipes go to www.loveourlamb.co.uk