CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTANCE
In these conditions, the term ‘Advertiser’ means the person or party who books the space and is responsible for payment.
1. The publisher reserves the right to refuse, amend, withdraw or otherwise deal with advertisements submitted to him at is absolute discretion and subject to reasonable notice of five days allowing to make adjustments or challenge refusal. All adverts must comply with the British code of advertising practice.
2. The PUBLISHER will not be liable for any loss or damage consequential or otherwise occasioned by error, late publication or the failure of an advertisement to appear from any cause whatsoever.
3. The PUBLISHER cannot accept responsibility for changes in dates of insertion unless these are confirmed in writing in time for the changes to be made, The PUBLISHER reserves the right to charge for any additional expense involved in such changes.
4. The ADVERTISER will indemnify the PUBLISHER against any damages and/or loss and/or expense which the PUBLISHER may incur as a direct or indirect consequence of the ADVERTISER’S announcement
5. In no circumstances does the placing of an order confer the right to renew on similar terms.
6. The PUBLISHER reserves the right to increase advertising rate at any time to amend the terms of contract as regards to space or frequency of insertion. The publisher agrees to provide reasonable notice in advance of intention on any change of terms and conditions. In such an event the advertiser has the option of cancelling the balance of the contract without surcharge.
7. The PUBLISHER reserves the right to refuse, stop-orders, cancellations or transfers unless they are received in writing not less than three days working days before the date of deadline. Cancellation reference numbers issued by the publisher must be quoted on correspondence
8. The PUBLISHER reserves the right, under certain circumstances, to apply a cancellation fee of up to 20% to cover incurred costs on orders cancelled longer than ten working days prior to publication.
9. If the ADVERTISER cancels the balance of a contract except in the circumstances stated in clause 6, all unearned series discounts will be surcharged. The PUBLISHER reserves the right to surcharge in the event of insertions not being completed within the contractual period.
10. Credit accounts strictly net must be settled within 30 days of publication. If account is overdue the publisher reserves the right to suspend insertions and/or make us interest charge of 20% credit terms may be extended by agreement.
11. Not withstanding anything in these conditions providing to the contrary, neither the PUBLISHER nor the ADVERTISER shall be liable to each other for any loss or damage consequential or otherwise caused by or arising out of any Act of Parliament, Order in Council Act, of State Strike, of employees lock out, trade dispute, enemy action,rioting, civil commotion, fire, force majeure, Act of God or similar contingency beyond the control of either of them.
12. An oral order however made is accepted as a binding contract A written confirmation of acceptance of order will be sent by the PUBLISHER. (see overleaf for cancellation procedure)
13. The placing of an order or contract will be deemed an acceptance of these conditions, and no stipulation which conflicts with them will be deemed part of the order.
14 All copy must be supplied without application from the PUBLISHER.
15 Copy matter whenever practically possible must conform to the publishers requirements as set out in the publishers technical data sheet, any additional work involved must be paid for, unless camera-ready artwork is supplied. Any additional fees for work will be agreed prior to the designing of the advertisement and will be part of the contract.
16. The PUBLISHER cannot accept responsibility for changes in copy unless these are confirmed in writing and in time for changes to be made.
17. Provided copy is received by the stipulated copy date – the PUBLISHER will provide first proofs if it is practical to do so.
18. The Publisher will decide the style, typeface’s and borders for advertisements which are required to be set and for which no clear written instructions were provided with the copy.
19. Unless instructions to the contrary are received, all advertisement copy, artwork, repro, film or metal will be disposed of four weeks after use.
20. Neither the PUBLISHER nor the PRINTER accept responsibility for any of the ADVERTISER’s property which will be held and/or used at the owner’s risk.
21. No cancellation will be accepted after deadline date. The advertiser will be charged for advertising space. The publisher will in the absence of supplied copy or instruction for advert copy printed bold typeface name address and telephone number of advertiser in said space. The Publisher reserves the right to omit or suspend where reasonably necessary publication of any advertisement, notice, order or any part thereof and the publisher shall endeavour to give such notice where reasonably possible.
E & O.E.